Lidocaine HCI inj 2%
In fact, Lidocaine HCI inj injections are used for various purposes. It works best as a local anesthetic injection besides suppressing ventricular tachycardia and ventricular extrasystoles. Dosage should be appropriately adjusted for a patient’s age, anesthetic locations, parts, or diseases affecting the entire body. This solution can be administered by intravenous, intramuscular, or subcutaneous injections.
So, how to use Lidocaine HCI inj ?
- It is slowly administered for 1-2 minutes containing 50-100 mg (1-2mg/kg) of it.
- The same amount may be given five minutes after the initial injection is done if the desired result is not achieved.
- Moreover, the same dose may be repeated whenever necessary at 10-20 minute intervals, although the maximum dose for 1 hour should not exceed 300 mg.
- If a single IV administration is successful and you desire long-lasting results, you should provide by IV installation while an ongoing ECG is being monitored. I.V. administration of lidocaine HCl is carried out at a rate of 1–2 mg per minute.
- The infusion rate may be raised if necessary, but the maximum rate is 4 mg per minute.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional, or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. You are responsible for reading labels, warnings, and directions prior to using or consuming a product. If you have food sensitivities or allergies, you should always read the actual product labels to confirm the safety of the product for your situation. Content on this website is for general reference purposes only and is not intended to substitute for advice by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health care professional. You should not use the information presented on this website for self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem.