INNOTOX is a Clostridium botulinum toxin type A (Hall strain), which was developed in South Korea by Medytox Inc in 2014. Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety has approved to sell INNOTOX 100 units, Medytox liquid-type botulinum toxin (BTX) A-Type product, in the domestic market.
With the approval, Medytox has secured a lineup of various capacities, along with the existing 25 and 50 units, and increased the capacity utilization rate of its second plant, which exclusively manufactures BTX products under U.S. current good manufacturing practice guidelines.
INNOTOX is the world’s first liquid botulinum toxin type A drug. Enhances safety by eliminating human serum albumin and animal-derived substances in the manufacturing process. The BTX comes out in a liquid-type formulation and can be used immediately without a separate dilution process, further improving the convenience of treatment and having the advantage of more accurate treatment capacity calculation, Medytox said.
1) Drug structure – Innotox is available in a new liquid phase, so it does not require dilution. One bottle contains the finished product solution for 50 or 100 units.
2) Composition – the improved formula does not contain: proteins, albumin, gelatin compared to other similar botulinum toxins.
3) Temperature conditions – insensitive to temperature changes, unlike solid phase preparations.
4) Diffusion – has the lowest diffusion of all currently known botulinum toxins.
5) Effect – during treatments, the effect lasts up to 10 months, unlike other botulinum toxins, where the effect lasts up to 6 months.
Innotox Injection Area
“The sales approval for INNOTOX 100 unit is significant as it has allowed the company to secure a lineup of various capacities, and help the company meet consumer needs better,” Medytox CEO Jung Hyun-ho said. “Clinical trials are underway to secure additional indications for INNOTOX and accelerate the company’s advance to the premium BTX market.” The company also plans to unveil a new prefilled syringe-type BTX, Jung said.