In fact, Saxenda Pen (liraglutide) injection 3 mg is an injectable prescription medicine used for adults with excess weight (BMI ≥27). Who also have weight-related medical problems or obesity (BMI ≥30). And even children aged 12-17 years with a body weight above 132 pounds (60 kg) and obesity to help them lose weight and keep the weight off. As well, they should use it with a reduction of calorie diet and more physical activity.
Benefits of this product are:
- As well, this producand Victoza® have the same active ingredient, liraglutide, and should not be used together or with other GLP-1 receptor agonist medicines.
- As well, it is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter medicines, or herbal weight-loss products.
- In addition, this product is safe and effective in children under 12 years of age.
- Besides, it is safe and effective in children aged 12 to 17 years with type 2 diabetes.
So, how to use Saxenda Pen?
- First, attaching the needle.
- Then, checking the Saxenda® flow.
- Also, selecting the dose.
- Next, injecting the dose.
- Removing the needle.
- And disposing of the needle.
In fact, inject your dose of Saxenda® under the skin (subcutaneously) in your stomach area (abdomen). Also upper leg (thigh), or even upper arm, as instructed by your health care provider. Do not even inject into a vein or muscle.
Warnings Of Usage:
- you or any of your family have ever had MTC or if you have MEN 2.
- Also, you are allergic to liraglutide or any of the ingredients in Saxenda®.
- Moreover, you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Saxenda® may harm your unborn baby.
Before taking Saxenda®, tell your health care provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- even are taking certain medicines called GLP-1 receptor agonists.
- have also severe problems with your stomach, such as slower emptying of your stomach (gastroparesis) or problems with digesting food.
- Besides, have or have had problems with your pancreas, kidneys or liver.
- In addition, have or have had depression or suicidal thoughts, or mental health issues.
- are also breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not obvious if Saxenda® passes into your breast milk. You and your health care provider should decide if you will use Saxenda® or breastfeed.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional, or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. You are responsible for reading labels, warnings, and directions prior to using or consuming a product. If you have food sensitivities or allergies, you should always read the actual product labels to confirm the safety of the product for your situation. Content on this website is for general reference purposes only and is not intended to substitute for advice by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health care professional. You should not use the information presented on this website for self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem.